An Item Dropper, true to its name, is something that appears in the background of the various Locations all across the world of Vulpin Adventure. If the player clicks on these items, their Vulpin will go to dig at them, which sometimes uncovers an item.
Each location has one particular Item Dropper that only appears there (with the exception of the Sea Cave, which has two distinct Item Droppers.). Some items dropper are the only place where certain pieces of Items can be found. All Item Droppers have the chance to give the player Shards, but they also all run the chance of not giving the player anything.
List of Item Droppers
- The Mushroom is the Item Dropper that is found in the Woods. When investigated, it can give the player and their Vulpin various Banapples, as well as the occasional Stick or Mushroom Earring.
- The Torch is the Item Dropper that is found in the Desert Ruins. When investigated, Torches can give the player various Banapples and the occasional Starberry, as well as a Tail Bandage, a Flame, or a Burning Stick.
- Treasure Chests are found in the first area of the Sea Cave location. When investigated, they can give the player a Banapple or a Starberry, or occasionally the Suds item.
- The Pink Crystal is the second Item Dropper that appears in the Sea Cave area. When investigated, they have the chance to give the player a Banapple, a Starberry, or a piece of equipment, like Suds, Icicles, or a Swirly Pink Thing. This is the only way for the player to obtain a Swirly Pink Thing.
- The Floating Flower is the Item Dropper that is found in the Cloudy Peaks area. When investigated, they have the chance to give the player a Banapple or a Starberry, but they can also give the player a Flower Earring or a Thorny Flower. The Floating Flower is the only place that the player can find those two pieces of equipment.
- Lanterns are the Item Dropper that are found in Darklight Castle. When investigated, they can give the player a Banapple or a Starberry, but they can also give the player several unique items that can't be found anywhere else. These items include the Starburst, the Starry Earring, the Sun and Moon Staff, or the Blue Flame. This is, by far, the largest amount of unique items that a Background Item can give the player.
- The Lollipop is the Item Dropper that the player can find in the ??? location. They only give the player a Banapple, a Starberry, or some Shards.